Chicken and pumpkin green curry
Take a culinary journey to Thailand with our scrumptious Chicken and Pumpkin Green Curry. This tantalizing dish embodies the essence of traditional Thai flavors. Tender pieces of chicken, mellow pumpkin chunks, and an aromatic green curry sauce come together to give you a dining experience to remember.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 Chicken breast (about 200 grams or 7 ounces)
- 1 cup diced Pumpkin (roughly 225 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Green curry paste (close to 30 grams)
- 1 cup Coconut milk (240 milliliters)
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce (15 milliliters)
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar (15 grams)
- A handful of Basil leaves (or about 10 grams)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves (almost 1 gram)
- 1/2 sliced Red bell pepper (around 75 grams)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil (15 milliliters)
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 20g
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 8g
Steps to make the Chicken and pumpkin green curry
- In a sizable pan, warm the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the green curry paste, stirring until it releases its aroma, roughly 2 minutes.
- Toss in the chicken, ensuring it’s well-coated with the paste.
- Gradually pour the coconut milk, mixing well with the paste.
- Introduce the pumpkin, ensuring it’s enveloped in the curry mix.
- Season with fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Reduce heat, letting it simmer until the pumpkin softens and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, usually about 15 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper slices, basil, and kaffir lime leaves.
- Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Opt for Thai basil leaves for that genuine Thai touch.
- For a vegetarian twist, switch out the chicken with tofu.
- Control the spiciness with the amount of green curry paste you add.
Ladle the Chicken and Pumpkin Green Curry over a bed of steaming jasmine rice. The rice’s subtle scent complements the rich, creamy curry perfectly. Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves before serving.
To wrap it up, this Chicken and Pumpkin Green Curry offers a burst of traditional Thai flavors. The sweet notes of pumpkin merge seamlessly with the spicy hints of green curry. Using this guide, you can effortlessly whip up this Thai delicacy right in your kitchen. Relish this dish and share your feedback with us at AH7.
Chicken and pumpkin green curry
- – Chicken breast 1 (around 200 grams or 7 ounces)
- – Pumpkin 1 cup diced (around 225 grams)
- – Green curry paste 2 tablespoons (around 30 grams)
- – Coconut milk 1 cup (240 milliliters)
- – Fish sauce 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters)
- – Brown sugar 1 tablespoon (15 grams)
- – Basil leaves a handful (approximately 10 grams)
- – Kaffir lime leaves 2 (approximately 1 gram)
- – Red bell pepper 1/2 sliced (around 75 grams)
- – Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the green curry paste and stir for about 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Incorporate the chicken into the pan and stir until it is fully coated with the curry paste.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stirring consistently to combine with the curry paste.
- Add the pumpkin pieces to the pan and stir to mix with the curry.
- Season with fish sauce and brown sugar, then stir well.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the chicken is cooked.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper, basil leaves, and kaffir lime leaves.
- Let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes until the peppers are just softened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
2. You can replace chicken with tofu for a vegetarian version.
3. Adjust the quantity of green curry paste according to your spice preference. Serve the Chicken and Pumpkin Green Curry hot with a side of jasmine rice. The creamy curry and tender chicken are beautifully balanced by the fragrant rice. Don’t forget to garnish with fresh basil leaves for an extra flavor punch. This hearty and healthy Chicken and Pumpkin Green Curry is sure to be a hit!