Behind The Neck Push Press
If you’re eager to elevate your weightlifting game, mastering the Behind The Neck Push Press could be the catalyst you’ve been seeking. With its ability to target essential muscle groups like your deltoids, triceps, and upper back, it’s a versatile addition to any workout routine! Stay motivated and get ready to break through your limits!
Diving Into the Behind The Neck Push Press
When it comes to adding a new exercise to your regimen, it’s important to understand what it is and how it benefits you. The Behind The Neck Push Press, as the name suggests, involves pressing a weight from behind your neck to an overhead position. It’s a comprehensive movement that takes a bit of mastery but delivers substantial benefits across multiple upper body muscles.
Instructions for Beginners
Let’s break down the Behind The Neck Push Press to make it easy to grasp for novices to weightlifting:
1. Start by choosing a manageable weight. Remember, form is always more important than the heaviness of the weight.
2. Place the barbell on a rack at shoulder height. Step under the bar, positioning it across the back of your shoulders.
3. Use a grip wider than shoulder-width apart, with palms facing forwards.
4. Lift the bar off the rack, taking a step back. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
5. While maintaining a straight back, bend your knees slightly. This is your starting position.
6. With a burst of power, straighten your legs and press the weight upwards until your arms are fully extended.
7. Lower the bar back to starting the position while bending your knees to absorb the impact.
Essential Tips for Success
1. Do not rush the workout. Focus on mastering the form before adding more weight.
2. Always warm-up before any weightlifting routine, including the Behind The Neck.
3. Always lift the barbell and return it to the rack with care to avoid injuries.
4. Ensure your grip remains firm throughout the execution of the workout.
1. What muscle groups does Behind The Neck Push Press target?
Apart from engaging your deltoids and triceps, this exercise also targets your glutes, abs, and leg muscles.
2. Is Behind The Neck Push Press safe for beginners?
Yes, with a manageable weight and correct technique, it’s safe for individuals at all fitness levels.
3. Why is warming up key before performing this exercise?
Warming up prepares your muscles and joints for the workout, reducing the risk of injury.
4. Should I immediately lift heavy with Behind The Neck Push Press?
Strength training is about progress, start with a manageable weight and gradually increase as you build strength and technique.
5. How often should I include Behind The Neck Push Press in my workout?
Two to three times a week should suffice, allowing your body adequate resting time in between sessions.
6. Is Behind The Neck Push Press safe for my neck?
Yes, if done correctly this exercise is safe. However, always listen to your body, if it’s causing discomfort, you should stop and perhaps consult with a personal trainer.
7. What can I do to improve my grip strength for this exercise?
There are specific exercises like wrist curls and farmer’s walks that can help improve grip strength.
8. Will Behind The Neck Push Press help in improving my posture?
Yes, this exercise promotes shoulder mobility and core strength, hence aiding in improving your posture.
9. Do I need a spotter while doing Behind The Neck Push Press?
While not necessary, having a spotter can provide an extra layer of safety.
10. How to ensure my shoulder safety while performing this exercise?
Warm up properly, use the correct technique and gradually increase the weight you lift to protect your shoulders.